Agilent 5086-7249 - RF Cafe Forums

The original RF Cafe Forums were shut down in late 2012 due to maintenance issues - primarily having to spend time purging garbage posts from the board. At some point I might start the RF Cafe Forums again if the phpBB software gets better at filtering spam.

Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts.

-- Amateur Radio
-- Anecdotes, Gripes & Humor
-- Antennas
-- CAE, CAD, & Software
-- Circuits & Components
-- Employment & Interviews
-- Miscellany
-- Swap Shop
-- Systems
-- Test & Measurement
-- Webmaster

nubbage
 Post subject: Agilent 5086-7249
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm 

General

Hi All
I have unsuccessfully been trying to trace details of this PIN (?) diode modulator/switch.
Perhaps it was not a public domain product release by HP.
Is there anyone who is/was on the "inside" who can help?
Trev

Kirt Blattenberger
 Post subject: Re: Agilent 5086-7249
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:56 pm 

Site Admin

Greetings nubbage:

I assume that oyu searched on HP 5086-7249 and found the following URL. It is a calibration service that might be willing to share some information with you if you contact them. Or not.

http://www.calright.com/_coreModules/eS ... sterID=920

This appeared in the closed auctions on e-Bay (maybe that's where you got it?). It at least provides info on where it came from.

Hewlett Packard Modulator/Amplifier P/N. 5086-7249 Removed from 86240B 2-8GHz RF plug-in.

nubbage
 Post subject: Re: Agilent 5086-7249
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 am 

General

Hi Kirt
Guilty: I was that crazed ebay buyer with dollars burning a hole in my plastic.
There was virtually no info with the item, just instructions how to pay up reliably and quickly.
Thanks for the info. I remember now, I was on a frustratingly slow GPRS wireless connection and lost patience with the search engine, which has shown me a load of irrelevance that collected in a pile on the cyber floor. I definitely used Agilent as a key word and not HP. I guess I am not the first or last to be frustrated by marketeers coming up with good ideas like changing a huge brand name for something obscure.
I will try those dudes you suggest, and see what gives. Basically I am constructing a wide-range heterodyne sweeper (1 to 12.4GHz) and need to AM the resulting output using a wide-band PIN modulator. I seemed it might fit the bill.
Thanks again.

Posted  11/12/2012