DOWn 325 points - Yow! - RF Cafe Forums

The original RF Cafe Forums were shut down in late 2012 due to maintenance issues - primarily having to spend time purging garbage posts from the board. At some point I might start the RF Cafe Forums again if the phpBB software gets better at filtering spam.

Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts.

-- Amateur Radio
-- Anecdotes, Gripes & Humor
-- Antennas
-- CAE, CAD, & Software
-- Circuits & Components
-- Employment & Interviews
-- Miscellany
-- Swap Shop
-- Systems
-- Test & Measurement
-- Webmaster

Loren A.
 Post subject: DOWn 325 points - Yow!
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:11 pm 

Captain

Hey guys, who is getting slammed by this drop?

Maybe this is a good thing because if we get a really huge drop, maybe people will finally stop putting all their eggs in the stock market basket.

Remember that the people really making all the money in this are the brokers - they get rich on every sale and every purchase. All that money being pumped into the markets by the Fed and other world reserves and central banks is going straight into the pockets of the mega brokerages.

The politicians are positioned to benefit along with them.

Joe Six-Pack with his retirement and pension invested in the markets have continually gotten screwed over the last decade. The people are easy to fool, for sure - over and over again.

Me? I have nothing invested in the markets in any form. My one neighbor is probably about to throw himself off a bridge because he's big into trading. Guys at work that like to think themselves as traders gotta be s***ing thier pants to day too. I'm on vacation until Monday, so it'll be interesting to see what they've been through.

Loren :shock:

FL Techie
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 am 

General

Hey Loren,

My skin crawls every time I read about the Fed injecting money - MY TAX MONEY - into the markets. Those SOBs pad the pockets of their friends with my hard-earned money and get credit for doing something heroic.

What I haven't heard reported is of the sub-prime and high-risk loans that supposedly triggered the bank lending crisis, what % of them are loans given to ILLEGAL ALIENS?

Remember that Bank of America (aka Bank of Amigo) began a program of catering to ILLEGALS a couple years ago for helping them to buy homes. Where are the stats on that, HMMMMM......???????? :smt021

...from the Gold Coast

madengr
 Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:47 pm 

Captain

Here is KC they just convicted some mortgage brokers for fraud involving illegals and sub-prime mortages. I still pump the maximum allowed into my 401k. Not sure what else to do to beat inflation. Gold may be good. Guns too. A sure thing would be AR-15 magazines. They are back down to $10 now since the "assault weapons" ban expired. They were up over $40 prior to that. If the Hildebeast is elected and has her way there will be a permanent ban. If not, you can still sell them for $10.

I know back in the 80's the market crashed however interest rates were very high compared to now. Nowadays the market is teetering but the rates are as low as they can go. The feds are scrambling to keep the economy and our fiat currency afloat. I think we are in for a ride.

Posted  11/12/2012