Add your 5 words to the story - RF Cafe Forums

The original RF Cafe Forums were shut down in late 2012 due to maintenance issues - primarily having to spend time purging garbage posts from the board. At some point I might start the RF Cafe Forums again if the phpBB software gets better at filtering spam.

Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts.

-- Amateur Radio
-- Anecdotes, Gripes & Humor
-- Antennas
-- CAE, CAD, & Software
-- Circuits & Components
-- Employment & Interviews
-- Miscellany
-- Swap Shop
-- Systems
-- Test & Measurement
-- Webmaster

FL Techie
 Post subject: Add your 5 words to the story
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 am 

General

I saw a pretty funny scheme on another forum where someone started an ad hoc story with 5 words and everyone else added 5 more lines to the story. The story got so long that I never did finish reading it all.

Here are my seed words:

I'll never forget the project (now someone add 5 more words)

Hope this goes well :smt101

The Amplifier
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:01 pm 

Colonel

How childish, but what the hey.

I'll never forget the project where half the design team (now someone add 5 more words)

Ralph Zappa
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:14 pm 

Colonel

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that (now someone add 5 more words)

jaslovkel
 Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:52 pm 

Colonel

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc (now someone add 5 more words)

yendori
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:49 pm 

General

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her (now someone add 5 more words)

Roger
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 am 

Captain

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch (now someone add 5 more words)

Cube Slave
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:12 pm 

Colonel

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest (now someone add 5 more words)

IR
 Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:36 pm 

Site Admin

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around (now someone add 5 more words)

nubbage
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 am 

General

Seeing this, I suggested she....

Dexter
 Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:10 pm 

Captain

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned (now someone add 5 more words)

nubbage
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:50 am 

General

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered......

Cube Slave
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:11 pm 

Colonel

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed ...... (now someone add 5 more words)

Ted Cline
 Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:05 pm 
Captain

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers ...... (now someone add 5 more words)

Ahem
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:14 pm 

Lieutenant

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers had grown precipituously between both ...... (now someone add 5 more words)

troy
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:43 pm 

Captain

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers had grown precipituously between both of the connector pins, causing ...... (now someone add 5 more words)

Diogenes the Cynic
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 am 

Lieutenant

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers had grown precipituously between both of the connector pins, causing a short circuit. No wonder ...... (now someone add 5 more words)

nubbage
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:01 pm 

General

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers had grown precipituously between both of the connector pins, causing a short circuit. No wonder my S11 had grown enormously...

Paul Revere
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 pm 

Captain

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers had grown precipituously between both of the connector pins, causing a short circuit. No wonder my S11 had grown enormously.

Having women in the lab ...

Cube Slave
 Post subject:
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:45 pm 

Colonel

I'll never forget the project where half the design team had never been told that temperature dependence can wreak havoc. That's when she unbuttoned her portable infrared meter's accessory pouch and pulled out the largest infrared sensor ever seen around the lab. All eyes turned towards me as I entered the evnironmental chamber and removed my shorts. Tin whiskers had grown precipituously between both of the connector pins, causing a short circuit. No wonder my S11 had grown enormously.

Having women in the lab has changed the way I ... (add 5 more words)

Posted  11/12/2012